Business Case Fnac
To address the issue of increasing competition from pure players like Amazon, and a contraction in traditional markets (records, videos), Fnac operated a number of strategic strands : internationalisation, diversification, lowering costs, multichannel at all levels to offer customers maximum possible interaction between stores and strategic web-based operations.
The expansion of web sales in multichannel mode was effected as quickly as possible in order to respond to the business challenges of turnover at the expense of security and reliability of supply flows, which should be upgraded.
Piloting of three transversal projects : allocation of customer order turnover to stores, automatic transfer of fnac.com turnover to SAP, securing of payments in multichannel mode.
- Scoping and study of the effects of Fnac IS on the architecture
- Solutions design in line with business needs
- Division into lots in order to deliver operational units as and when required
- Drafting of the general functional specification
- Coordination of the development and integration teams
- Animation of different instances of project follow-up
- Support of Change Management teams
- Increase in store turnover
- Introduction of automated data flow in line with auditors’ requests
- Roll-out of a centralised solution in progress for multichannel repayments across all the stores, making it possible to reduce fraud and simplify in-store processes